Saturday, September 8, 2012

The use of Technology in Education

      A Weblog is an easily created, easily updateable Website that permits an author to publish immediately to the Internet from any Internet connection. You can easily share your ideas and resources with a Web audience and people will  express their opinions about those ideas. It demands an interaction.  Blogs consist of reflections and conversations that are renewed almost every day. Research shows that blogging has a positive impact on students since it promotes analytical and creative thinking.  According to W. Richardson weblogs should be in an educational system. The early adopters of Weblogs in the classroom have demonstrated that blogs can strengthen and intensify learning. There exist various ways of using Weblogs which have many advantages for teaching and learning. One of them is a class portal Weblog, where the course curriculum, syllabus, class rules, homework assignments, etc. are distributed. It saves time and makes learning process easy. Another ones are E-Portfolio, Collaborative Space, School Website and so on.
        As for me I am not ready to introduce blogging to my own EFL class. In my country it is not a common tool being utilized in an educational system and I am not so proficient in using it either. Thus it will be threatening for me to use it without being able to run it appropriately. However it has many advantages for both teachers and students and I suppose that it's worth making it a part of an EFL  class. I would like to use  a class portal learning as it will give me a chance to control my class without trouble and I can create  a learning environment  for my students where all materials connected with our lesson will be available and they can simply find them whenever they want. It is also very helpful for parents as they can access class materials and can be informed when  new information about the class is posted.

                    .                                                              




No comments:

Post a Comment